Monday, October 25, 2010

Drivers

I drive to work daily. One observation I have is that Malaysian, once they are behind the wheels they become this monster and there is no way we can fix that I think.

 

We forget what is zebra crossing, junction, stop look go signs etc.

 

The other morning, I saw this car weaving in and out on the freeway and I was asking myself why the driver drove as such? There is no reasons whatsoever to do that.

 

May be we become a bunch of retards when we are on the road and we are surprised when accidents happen on the freeway and people blame speed for that. To me speed is not a factor causing accidents but rather an aggravating factor. People speed on the Autobahn but the number of accidents are less compared to Malaysian roads. It is weaving in and out of the lanes cause accidents. Driving like an imbecile cause accidents. Not speed.

 

The other type is the type of drivers who like to hog the road. In 110km/h stretch, they drive at the speed of a bullock cart and of course, they will not give way at any time. Top that, those who sped have to take the left lane to overtake and that cause accidents as well (I think the police should give tickets to those who hog the road as well).

 

And all these cause those who at first follow the law to break the law as well. Thus, all of us become monsters on the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home