Sunday, December 20, 2009

Moving House

These couple of weeks, I was quite preoccupied with things to do before we move house. The contractor is trying his hard to finish the renovation works before the our proposed moving date. But this post is not about contractors or renovation works but about moving house itself.

 

Well this is not the first time I move house as I have done it at least six or seven times but this is the second time I am doing this since I got married. I didn’t lift a finger in all my previous move before the last. And I can say moving house is not an easy job. A lot of things to pack and I think it is best to throw away 50% of what you have in the house. For this move, my wife and I have agreed to throw 1 shelf, 1 bed, two mattresses and a lot of unnecessary junk like old clothing and magazines.

 

But there’s more things to throw and now I am going the second round and choose the things I need the least and try to minimise the things to bring during the move.

 

Having done that, I wonder how the people in the early days do it? Perhaps they don’t have book shelves, humungous sofas (what more if you have two) and TV racks. Put in the refrigerator and the plates. May be we should start eating in “tempurung” and polystyrene plates and cups.

 

Whatever it is, moving is a good thing to do and despite all the hassles, I am excited with the move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home