Monday, March 16, 2009

The Weirdo I am

I watched One Tree Hill last night. The 5th season I supposed. Where everybody is back in Tree Hill? Lucas becomes a writer and the head coach for the Tree Hill High basketball team and Peyton becomes a producer and look at Brooke. She made it in the Big Apple and still she found that no place is better compared to Tree Hill where everybody is there for you. Your friends are around you.

 

Okay, this is the question now. Does a man who likes to watch all that is a lesser man? Do you think that a person who watches One Tree Hill, Lipstick Jungle, Desperate Housewives and The OC weird? Is the man normal by man standard?

 

Some men go all excited about the Dragon Ball you know “The Movie, and to a number of man just think it is just…. I don’t know… muscular to watch. I mean look at the list of movies showing now… if not all, it is nearly all of them are either showing a man hitting another man or flexing their muscles and using their brawn to get away with something. You know full of adrenalin and heart pumping scenes?

 

Do get me wrong here, I am not saying I am all sissy and I like the entire chick flick but where are the movies like Forrest Gump, A Few Good Men, Men of Honour, Antwone Fisher to name a few. I was watching Oprah last night and she invited the cast of the movie “The Secret Life of Bees”, a story which was adapted from a book written by Sue Monk Kidd and by watching the clips and snippet, I think it’s a good movie. But all Malaysian need is a guy punching each other so on and so forth. We just have to watch movies with some testosterones building here and there.

 

When Manchester United and Liverpool was on TV last weekend, I just watch Round 2 of the WGC CA Championship instead. Not bothered about which team losing or winning although it is quite nerve wrecking seeing Tiger Woods missing short putt and being only at -2 par on round 2 when usually he’ll already be at around -6 or -7 on the second day to be in contention. But he recovered on the third round and the final round to be at -11. Phil Mickelson won instead. His first WGC CA Championship title for him in his professional life. Where was I again? Okay, some men cannot resist the temptation to meet up with their friends to watch the EPL game of the season. Some even cancelled plans made with the family just to go and see 22 people running for one ball. See my point? It is acceptable if you’re 20 years old but some of them have graduated their middle age crisis.

 

Or may be it is just me. The weird one among the men in general. I don’t know, but I don’t enjoy football as much as I was in my 20’s and I don’t see movies or TV series that shows too much muscles are interesting. Am I sissy? Don’t think so. I want muscle I’d go do it myself and not watch on the TV. Right???

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home