Thursday, March 12, 2009

What a day

The plan was to come to work and sit before my lap top and type away the things that need to be typed. However, after a short chat with the firm's owner, I rushed out to a meeting with my client and I was supposed to assist our client in the matter at hand. Bear in mind, I have several other things in my checklist which I need to complete before the day ends (bear in mind also my working time is not beyond what I call "burning the midnight oil". Anything above 8.00p.m. is my time for myself).

Now at the time I'm typing this post, I am waiting for the draft agreement (agreeing what we discussed in the meeting just now) for me to give my input before they sign it at 5.00 later. As crazy as it sounds, I have never drafted an agreement within 2 hours and what more finalising the agreement within 2 hours time.

The reason was simple, either sign it today or sleep on it for a while and let the Danes fly back to Denmark and come back next month or so to sign the agreement. But, here the catch, my client is only given 12 months to conclude the project they are undertaking and they cannot complete the project without the Danes assistance. So here we are stuck waiting for the draft to be sent to me and frankly, my other work just have to wait. I'll think of some stupid reasons to tell my other clients and the dog ate the work cannot be used as a valid excuse here.

Usually, our turn around rate is two days minimum and one week maximum depending on the urgency of the matter or whether it is important or not. If it is urgent and not important, the reply time should be one week and if it is important and not urgent, the turn around rate is also one week. But this falls under urgent and important and urgent again. That's life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home