Friday, March 13, 2009

Three men trapped in a cave

Once upon a time, three men wondered into the vast open desert. A twist of fate turns the odds against them and out of a sudden, while walking in cave, the cave collapsed. The cave door was blocked by tonnes of rocks and they were trapped in the cave.

 

Without food, they tried to climb out the cave but the rocks blocking the cave door were too heavy to be lifted and as the time passes by, they were unable to move a single rock that blocked the cave door. As time is running out and they know very well that nobody is around to help them, one of the men started praying to Allah.

 

He cries to Allah saying, “O Allah, I let my child and my wife to fall asleep in hunger as I think that my parents are more important and I attended to them first before feeding my child and my wife and as I was doing that thinking that it was right to make my parents my priority, and if you see it as the right thing and a good deed for me to do, please let me out of this cave”.

 

By Allah’s will, the cave door opens a little. However, the opening was not big enough for a person to fit through. Thus the second man stood up and prays to Allah.

 

He says, “O Allah, I have a cousin who is very beautiful and I tried a lot of time hitting on her but I was ignored until one day my beautiful cousin came to me and ask me for help. I told her I will help her provided that she had sexual intercourse with me. As I was about to “enter” her she told me to always fear you Allah and I stopped immediately because of my fear of you Allah. If you see good deed at that time I stopped from having sexual intercourse with my cousin, please let me out of this cave”.

 

Again, by Allah’s will, the cave door opens a little more and still it is not big enough for a person to fit through. The third man then prayed.

 

He cries, “O Allah, one day, on pay day, one of my employee didn’t turn up to collect his salary and I have used his salary as capital to start another business and with your will Allah the business grows well. Long after that, my employee returned and ask me for his salary, I have showed him the thing I have done with his money and how its grows and I have given all of the proceeds to him O Allah, if you consider that to be a good deed of Allah, please free me from this cave.

 

And The All Mighty Allah opened the cave door and all three of them were freed from the cave and they came out safe and sound.

 

 

*This story was adapted from the Prophet Muhammad’s Tradition as narrated by Imam Muslim*

For further explanation, please seek counselling from your spiritual leader and please avoid the “Ayah Pin” type.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home