Thursday, October 06, 2005

Moderation is the target

Today is the second day of fasting (in Malaysia). Mine goes well so far. No boobs to look at yet (hope don’t have to look at any unnecessary boobs for the rest of the month) and no empty talk for the time being. Yesterday’s menu for berbuka was “ayam masak kicap”, fried fatt choy, telur dadar and of course (original recipe) acar limau. Nothing from the pasar ramadhan and nothing lavish. No murtabak on the table (may be I get some today) or some fancy kuih. Just a simple berbuka meal but we do have fruit cocktail pudding in the refrigerator and not forgetting some tapai (fermented rice) from Sg Petani. I had dinner with my wife and of course my two-year-old daughter who will not stop at eating only. You should see the war zone (I wonder how my mother cope with all of us. All four (4) boys).

Right after dinner, I had shower and I started thinking of some other things. So, I took my wife to the mall (yeah we are there everyday) again to get some dates and some other stuff. Once we were at the mall, I tried to put my daughter in the trolley to prevent her from running here and there. However she protested to the act and threw herself on the floor and started screaming as if I wallop her ass or something. Nothing like that of course and she kept quiet after a while.

We went to get the dates at one of the “gerai” and later we went to the hypermarket to get some eggs. That was the original plan. Only eggs. But it turn out that I filled my trolley with some apples, lemon and ice cream. There goes my plan to be moderate in Ramadhan. I thought that was it. Then I walked in front another shop and guess what, I got us two bars of chocolate. So, I had ice cream, chocolate and tapai after tarawikh. So much for being moderate…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home