Tuesday, October 04, 2005

What a service...

I told my boss today that I’m taking half day but at the time of this post I’m still at the office doing some stuff apart from typing down this post. There goes my plan to take couple of swings and practice on my irons. But I’d rather stay instead of going and let me tell you my day yesterday.

I reached the office at around 9.30 a.m. switch on my laptop and found that several things to be done. So I started typing away and in the middle of it, I realised the thing I was supposed to do will turn into something weird. So, I stopped and waited for my boss to come so that we can discus the matter and the way to proceed. Then I tried posting another post on Bloggers.

After completing the whole post yesterday, I tried posting it on Bloggers but a bit of magic happened and the whole post vanished and I can’t remember what I typed so nothing was posted yesterday. Later my boss came in and we did discuss on the matter and guess what. I was right. The deal I was trying to do will come out weird. So I pushed the deal back to the drawing paper and the client is supposed to discus with his counterpart and see what is the best solution to be taken. I was left with minimal work again and tried to write another post. But since then, my head was blocked already and I ended up doing research of things which are not related to me.

Later in the evening, I took my wife to the mall and for dinner I suggested pizza. We went to the pizza place. Somebody greeted us at the door and we “helped” ourselves to the table. One of the employees was concern enough to bring us a baby chair (don’t know whether they are concern about my daughter or they are concern about the chairs at the place). For a while, no menus were given to us or at least somebody should have come to us saying that they don’t have enough staff and at least apologized to us for the delay. I started counting and nobody came. Surprisingly nobody was alert enough to see us at the table with nothing on it. No orders were taken etc. etc. I mean what does it takes to get attention here for us to place our order. Are they waiting for my daughter to drop on the floor and start screaming? Believe me I am able to induce that.

Somehow or rather I noticed that the employees are busy shoving bills and receiving payment from other customers. I’d like to ask one question here. Was that correct? As far I can remember, during my “hospitality class” I was taught that if you are involved in the service industry especially serving food to people, the first principal is never lose any customer. So, those who have finished can wait to pay their bills but the employees should have come to us first instead of going to collect money. I mean the customers who have finished their dinner can wait while you serve those who just came in. Those who just came in should have been given priority. Didn’t they learn that in the training center?

After a while, we (me and my wife) decided that it is not worth it to waste our time in that pizza place and we left. We went to a nice cozy place. We had dinner there. But what I’m stressing here is how we were treated at the pizza place. Well, the least the employees there can offer us is the menu and tell us to wait for a while due to this and that. But that was not the case. I wonder if that’s what happened in the Board meeting for the company running the pizza place as well…

So. Let me tell you, I know that there are other people who will go to that place to chomp but I would rather die not eating pizza than to crawl back to the place and ask them to serve me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home