Thursday, February 03, 2005

Let go... you're not going to loose anything...

I was reading this and that and I wonder how people are offended easily… take for example…you are reading other people’s writing and another person wrote something sarcastic or something that you don’t like and suddenly wham…you lash at that person…

I like to look at matters differently. If people challenge you… or anything like that…don’t take it. Running away doesn’t mean you have fewer balls. Refuse to fight does not mean you are afraid. Loosing does not mean you loose forever and winning does not mean you win. Giving in doesn’t mean you loose…

So, for some of us, taking the challenge is everything. We must fight for our “freedom” (oh that was from “Braveheart”). But why respond to a person who you don’t know and why put yourself as low as that person. A smart person will not respond to a challenge. At least we will not do that over a tiny matter.

May be some of us have come across an incident where smart people choose to fight in the news paper and then it lead to a court case. How humiliating. We know them as a scholar. One so called “pendakwah” and the other is a “counsellor”. I mean both of them are respected people and I happen to know both of them because they are in the same institution as I am when I was in the Uni. I mean is it worth it? Fight and humiliate yourself.

Then, when people say something which is “menyakitkan hati”, would you rather stand up and say…”dude, I hate you and you shouldn’t have said that and let’s fight” or would you rather look at it on the other side. I mean the good way (how, just think well this person is loony, then it will keep you laughing non stop). There’s only two ways to look at things. Good or bad. But I think at all times, it is better for you to look at the good ones. If not, sakit hati tak pasal-pasal. What do you get…? Extra sakit hati. So be smart… keep your cool and let the idiot be an idiot. He’s not going to change anyway, not for you.

Furthermore, if people say something to us or give us advice, don’t say well I think I am right in this matter. It will cause friction. Be an adult, think and take it if you think the advice is good and just let go if you think it is useless. Don’t have to stand up and say well I think I am right in this matter. The person has no say at all. Avoid that situation as much as you can. We only fight for self defence, other than that, forget it. Just forget it. We are better human being. Believe me. I used to be on the other side.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kak Teh said...

Assalamualaikum, good advise you've got here. Ya, I usually count to ten before reacting to something, because reacting on impulse could make matters a lot worse. BTW Kak teh datang ke sini untuk membuat lawatan balas. Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment.

Friday 4 February 2005 at 15:10:00 GMT+8  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home