Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Issues after another

I endeavor to my level best to get something posted here, however, due to mental block and commitment to work, I have decided not to update and further say anything on something. But once something is building up in you, it is like Mt. St Helen. One day or another it will burst. Issues after issues have passed and I let it go. Just like that.

Thus, what was to be highlighted again? I will let my other half write something about the new arrival and the Aidil Fitri. I tell you what I think about some issues or issues to be in the next general election which may put me in trouble. But I believe this is a free country and as a taxpayer I am entitled to highlight these matters to the readers.

First thing to highlight is the saga between Tun Mahathir and our beloved Prime Minister aka Pak Lah. When is it going to end? I mean, Tun has his point and to me, the Prime Minister himself should say something rather than asking his deputy (or his other ministers) to answer the old man. Show some balls I’d say. As for me, may be because I know Tun personally, I have to agree with him and I’d say that his vision should be continued by the successors. Matter pertaining “the Bridge” and “MV Agusta” which to some is lame and outdated should be explained in a proper manner.

Next question I’d ask if I have the proper channel to ask is regarding the petrol prices. Since the current and future prices of crude oil are lower as compared to couple of month ago, would the government (under our beloved PM) review the petrol price? Of course some would say it is still low compared to the petrol prices in some parts of the world, but are we paid as high as those in some parts of the world?

Furthermore, what with this flop in the corruption ranking. I thought under this new leadership, we are supposed to “fight” against corruption? No corruption or at least clean it up. May be we should start from the head. Because somebody told me fish rot from the head. No, I am not insinuating that our leaders are corrupted. Just in case they are then there is no harm checking them first. If they are clean as they claimed they are, then why worry? Give full power to the ACA (Anti Corruption Agency la) and full access to them. The late Tan Sri Harun Hashim told me one afternoon during lunch that our first Prime Minister never stop him from carrying his work when he was the director of the ACA donkey years ago. Ministers, politician, all of them, just name it, were properly investigated. Not like what was reported in The Star today.

To make it worse is some smart Alex Minister pointed out that ACA is supposed to look into why Malaysia’s ranking has plummeted from a better position to worse. I mean logically, the reason being that corruption is still practiced widely here in our country. I am not going to point out who and when but for some people, approving an application means renovating your kitchen. This has become a habit for the approving authorities thus, golf trips, home renovation, girls, karaoke, drinks and lunches are necessary for somebody to get approvals. If not, your application will rot in the recycle bin. Rule of thumb is giving me something before I give you something and the attitudes never change.

In addition, one other minister in the cabinet say, forget about Tun. All his comments are not acceptable and we should not tolerate such comments. May be we should remind her that Tun has all her “shit” in his closet at home. I remember seeing her on the television crying when Tun announced that he would be stepping down. Who was the first to jump again? I think it was this one. But politics remain politics. It is dirty and it gets dirtier once you are there for some time. The one who gives you job is the one you sleep with. That’s another rule of thumb.

Anyway, just hope this is not too heavy for “some people” to read. Just putting down what I feel and it is just a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home